Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Well this week was awesome! It's weird to think that a year ago I was in the Mtc! On Monday we went fishing in Ship Creek and we only caught a little silver salmon but hey it's alright! At least we caught something! Haha on Wednesdays we had transfers! And that was a little crazy! So Wednesday's morning at 10 there was 6 of us trainers and we met and had like a little meeting with president Robinson and he kinda talked about the importance and responsibility and everything of training. We then got to go into a room with all the trainees and look at all of them square in the eyes and meet them and then they have a map of Alaska on the wall and give each new missionary a fishing pole and they get to point where they think they are going and then president calls up their trainer and tells them where they are actually going and its this super cool majestic moment! 

So my new companion is Elder Tuimoloau from Oswego New York! He was raised in American Samoa so he knows English and Samoan so that's really really good! Definently feeling the pressure because he looks and follows everything I do so I have to make sure I'm always being and setting a good example. 

So if I haven't told you yet we go to Golden Corral all the time! Haha so I know pretty much every food and which is good there! Random fact for all y'all! But anyway we had a Ward party on Saturday night to celebrate Father's Day so it was good he got to meet all the Ward and also the Ward parties here in the Samoan wards are the bomb! There is the best and most food you have ever seen in your life! You get full just by looking at it all!

We have lots of morning studies now! At 8 we start personal study then 9 we have companionship study. At 10 we have 12 week training. At 11 we have language study then at 12 we have lunch. And finally we have iPad training at 1 and then by 2 we are off! So our morning as you can imagine are just super exciting! 

I just wanted to say happy fathers to my father and to all the fathers out there! I don't know what I would do or where I would be if I didn't have my dad in my life. You have been such an example of hard work and perseverance and to never ever give up! I don't know how you put up with me and even though I met Jesus a lot in my youth and most of it... well all of it was my fault I love you so much dad! I couldn't ask for a better role model in my life! 

Well thank you for everything you all do for me! Remember who you are and who God wants you to become. We are put through trials so we can persevere and become the person God wants us to become. The refiners fire. I love y'all!

Love, Elder Fawson


No comments:

Post a Comment