Sunday, October 11, 2015

Malo Lava!

Malo Lava!!

Well this week was one for the books! General conference was so flipping awesome! Its crazy because being on my mission has really put things in perspective for me! Such as Conference! I was sooooo excited to watch it and take notes and to just learn from modern day seers and revelators! I think my favorite talks were President Uchtdorf's and President Eyring's! They are just such awesome guys! The new apostles are going to be awesome and its crazy to see new apostles becuase I feel like as long as I can remember it has been the same apostles and everything haha! One of the biggest overall themes I got out of conference was FAITH and the holy ghost! And how we need to be trying all the time to recieve person revelation! Another one of my favorite talks was Devin G. Durrant! and him talking about Ponderizing and I am definently going to try that now! President Monson's talk was really awesome too in the sunday morning session! We all need to be examples and a light in a world of darkness! 

This week I finally got to meet the new mission president! President Hannemann! He is a great guy will lots of energy and drive to do the work! We had interviews with him on tuesday this week and we really got to sit down and get to know him and he is a great guy. And with a new mission president comes lots of new rules!  So this week was a lot of adjusting and hearing lots of new rules haha! 

It rained a lot this week and well needless to say.... We had to bike through lots of rainstorms and showed up to our house soaked at the end of the day haha! 

This week has been lots of finding new investigators and we have this girl named Sega! She is about 24 and we just finished teaching the first lesson to her and she loves it and says she knows its true and that it just sounds familiar in her mind and heart! it was really cool to see how she just opened up and loved the gospel! 

This week we have actually had lots of fish in our dinners so it was really good! And of course we had the best food ever too..... OKA! Its seriously my favorite food ever! 

And well sadly the food is getting to me! I have gained 21 pounds and after a dinner this week I got up and popped the button of my pair of pants! it was the funniest moment of my life! And needless to say... Elder Johansen and I went on a run this morning! lol! 

The mission has been so busy this week and I have never been more tired or worn out in my life but the good news is it is on the lords errand and in his work! So I guess you could say I love that I am tired haha! I love being a missionary and putting that white shirt and tie on with the black tag every morning! 

Thank you guys for all the love and support for me and I hope you all have a good week and have fun and be safe! love you guys!

Love, Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment